When you pack away your summer wardrobe to make space for some cosy autumn wear, make sure you add in capelets, velvet and metallic outfits, says an expert.
Sidhika Gupta, Fashion Head, Roposo – a fashion and lifestyle social network – has a few tips to help you look trendy during autumn season:
* Velvet will rule this fall. The plush fabric, in every shade including Persian blue to oxblood red, will be seen across cocktail dresses, jumpsuits, crop tops and evening gowns.
* One-shoulder dresses and tops are back with a bang and are reigning the style charts everywhere.
* Ruffles have been going around for a while. They were big during springtime and seem to stay through fall as well. Take cues from the 1980s, but with a modern twist. Go for architectural ruffles, more stiff and less floppy. Its touch of drama will make you stand out.
* Why keep your spring slip dresses back in the closet’ Layer it over everything, from long sleeved shirts to comfortable knits. This fall, up the game by combining your favourite pieces of spring, like off-shoulder top and pinafore dress.
* Opt for deeper tones like black, cranberry, oak, and vintage inspired green to bloom on brocade fabrics, creating a rich and royal vibe.
* Capelet is the new jacket of fall. The draped effect which a capelet gives you cannot be achieved by any kind of jacket. It not only keeps you warm but also beautifully exposes the layers.
* A perfect way to glam up the rather sombre look of the season is to combine the metallic sheen of a ‘going-out’ top with slouchy tan pants and flat slides, accentuating casual chic. If you are not the glitzy type, then choose from a variety of shiny metallic details on coats and skirts which adds that oomph factor to the outfit.
* The choker, of the velvet, metal or leather variety, have been seen adorned by fashion enthusiasts. Layer multiple dainty chokers or wear a single chunky piece, just make the most of this chic accessory this fall.