From dressing your children in traditional attire to dressing them in casuals, there are ample advisories on hot trends for teens and above, says an expert.
Mohita Indrayan, founder and Chief Creative Officer, 612 League (a kidswear brand), lists down festive season style tips for pre-teens.
* Dress traditional: Girls are real fashion enthusiasts and there are a lot of options to explore for them. If your princess has never worn a traditional dress, choose for her from a plethora of traditional dresses like designer lehengas, salwar kameez, shararas with long jackets, and anarkali suits in vibrant colours and varied fabrics like nets, brocades, georgettes and silks.
* Dress smart: If your little fashionista is not too comfortable sporting traditional, then a wide variety of western dresses in formal silhouettes can be bought to add oomph to her wardrobe. Cuteness added to oomph is simply adorable.
* Dress chic: Choose from a range of sequined jumpsuits, glitzy tops, party wear dresses and gowns. These pieces are more versatile in nature and can be worn at multiple occasions. Watch out, all eyes are going to be on your diva-in-making.
* Dress new: While girls are actual shopaholics, boys these days aren’t far behind. Let your junior hunk stand apart in options in sherwanis suit or dhoti kurta dress set. Those who wish to play safe could opt for traditional kurta pajama which is an all-time hit.
* Dress cool: A more practical and preferred option for boys would be a pair of well-fitted jeans or trousers teamed with a band collar shirt and Nehru jacket. Nehru jackets in velvet gives a touch of class to the whole outfit making your trendy tot look all the more charismatic.
* Dress complete: It would be ideal to plan the whole wardrobe in advance to avoid last minute confusion. Accessorising would play a defining role in bringing out the start quotient of your pre-teen. This festive season, bring out the inner star in your child.