The exciting world of theme parks offers perfect destinations for families with children. But it is important to pick an amusement park which has something for everyone, says an expert.
Amit Agarwal, Senior Marketing Manager – India and Southeast Asia, online accommodation booking website Hotels.com, lists some amusement parks you can explore:
* Cedar Point: If you’re a roller-coaster junkie and love that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach, then Cedar Point in Ohio is the perfect place for you and your family. The park has more roller coasters than any other park in the world which will guarantee to be the best day for your kids.
* Disneyland: What can we possibly say about Disneyland that hasn’t been said before’ There’s a reason why when most people think of “theme park” they think of Disney. Nobody does it better. Disneyland in Hong Kong is one of the most popular theme parks. It is on Lantau Island in Hong Kong, South China.
* Legoland California: Growing up, did you ever wonder what exactly you could build with millions of Legos’ Legoland Park, which has over 30 million Lego bricks, is one answer. Located in Carlsbad, California, about 30 miles north of San Diego, Legoland is a 128-acre park that is a combination of rides and hands-on activities, aimed at children aged 2 to 12.
* Universal Studios: Universal Studios has capitalised on its movie inventory to create what most movie-goers want to experience — being part of the film. At both the Orlando and Hollywood locations, guests can relive “Men in Black” and get attacked by aliens, fight a tornado in Twister, and ride bicycles through the air just like in “E.T.”.
* Paramount Parks: Paramount is giving Universal competition for movie-themed rides and parks. At Paramount’s Kings Islands in Cincinnati, guests can ride on 12 roller coasters and swim in an outdoor water park. Kids will like the Rugrats- and Hanna-Barbera-themed rides, such as the Rugrats Runaway Reptar. There is also a stand-up coaster.