Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 5:35 pm
Synopsis of Ekk Deewana Tha
Ekk Deewana Tha is the story of Sachin, an engineer who has managed to complete his degree, but who is completely obsessed with the world of cinema and films. Hanging around at filmsets, waiting outside director’s offices and spending time with an assistant director friend is what makes most of his days.
And just when life was churning its monotonous cycle, Sachin and his family shift to a temporary home in Juhu and it is in this new place, that he sees ‘her’ for the first time. Jessie…. It is love at first sight for Sachin. And when he finds out that she lives in the house upstairs, he leaves no chance to match her, catch her attention or generally try to make conversation with her.
Jessie is a Malayalee Christian with strict orthodox parents. To make matters worse, she is also a year older to Sachin. All the odds seem stacked against him… and finally one day, when pushed into a corner, he confesses to her that he likes her…. But Jessie is headstrong and refuses to accept that she has any feeling for him. She insist that they should be friends and that anything further would make life very difficult for her. And yet, she feels the need to meet him and talk to him. This is a love story musical between the quintessential romantic Sachin and the confused yet headstrong Jessie and the highs and lows of being in love and the pleasure/pains associated with it.
Pointers on Ekk Deewana Tha
• Ek Deewana Tha is being produced by Fox Star Studios, one of the biggest production houses of the world.
• The music has been given by AR Rahman.
• The music launch of Ekk Deewana Tha was to happen in Taj Mahal but due to some permission issue by the ASI the music launch was shifted to one of the hotels which has a very good view of Taj Mahal.
• Gautham Menon who is one of the biggest filmmakers in the south has directed the film.
• Ek Deewana Tha is Prateik’s first solo love story.
• Featuring Prateik and Amy Jackson in Ek Deewana Tha releases on 3rd Feb.
• This film is a remake of Gautham Menon’s own Tamil film, Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa.