From “Scream Queens” to “Jinx“, gear up for a dose of drama, suspense, thriller, comedy and more on the small screen in September.
Several shows will be making their entry in the Indian small screen for the first time, while some will be back with new seasons.
IANS lists out some shows that will keep you hooked in September
1. Scream Queens
* “Scream Queens“: In the upcoming season two, actors Jamie Lee Curtis, Emma Roberts, Lea Michele, Abigail Breslin, Keke Palmer, Glen Powell and Niecy Nash are set to reprise their season one characters. In addition to the returning ensemble cast, the new season of “Scream Queens” will also star Taylor Lautner and John Stamos and is set in a hospital.
The show will open some bizarre medical cases on the small screen. It will air on Star World and Star World HD from September 21.
2. The Stage
* “The Stage Season 2“: The English talent hunt show will be back with season two on Colors Infinity. This time too Vishal Dadlani, Ehsaan Noorani, Monica Dogra and Devraj Sanyal, along with host Shibani Dandekar, will search for India’s next international superstar. It will start beaming from September 17.
* “Empire” Season Three: Fan of singer Mariah Carey’ Now, get a chance to see her on the Indian small screen with the third season of “Empire” – a musical drama television series. The show is based in New York and centers on a hip hop music and entertainment company headed by Lucious Lyon. It encapsulates the drama among the members of the founders’ family as they fight for control of the company.
The season two was left on a cliffhanger with a death and a wedding. Now, the upcoming season will keep the audience intrigued with the Lyon family reeling from a tragedy that could rock the foundation of their relationships and their musical empire. It will air from September 22
4. The Last Ship
* “The Last Ship“: Colours Infinity is bringing the show to India for the first time. After a global viral pandemic wipes out over 80 per cent of the world’s population, the crew (consisting of 218 people) of a lone unaffected US Navy Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer, the show narrates a story of how people must try to find a cure, stop the virus, and save humanity
* “Pitch“: To be aired in India for the first time, “Pitch” is a first of its kind series officially associated with the Major League Baseball (a professional baseball organisation) and focuses on a young female pitcher who becomes the first woman to play in the league when she is chosen to play for the San Diego Padres. The show will premiere on September 27.
6. The Carmichael Show
* “The Carmichael Show“: The show follows the life of stand-up comedian Jerrod Carmichael as he navigates through life with his therapist in-training girlfriend and his heavily opinionated family. For the Carmichaels, no topic is too uncomfortable to explore, including police protests, guns and religion.
The show will invade Indian television through Comedy Central from September 9.
7. The Jinx
* “The Jinx“: The show — which will premiere in India on Star World Premiere HD on Saturday, is based on the life of accused murderer New York real estate heir Robert Durst.
The six-part true crime series examines his alleged involvement in three different disappearances and alleged murders, including his first wife, Kathie, who went missing in 1982; the 2000 murder of his friend Susan Berman; and his neighbour Morris Black, who was murdered in 2001.
Days after the finale of “The Jinx” aired in March 2015, Durst was arrested in New Orleans.