With the party season just around the corner, theres no better time than now to plan your flawless look for all the amazing night-outs that you have lined up. However, while you are putting together a fashion-forward wardrobe for your celebrations, ensure that you are also working towards achieving fresh and smooth skin that will help you look picture perfect!
Celebrity make-up artist, Namrata Soni shares her expert tips on achieving a seamless look and launching into 2017 with a smooth start, irrespective of whether you’re out for a family celebration, an office New Year bash or a glamorous Christmas dinner party with friends.
* Prepare your face: Clean, healthy and good skin makes for a beautiful canvas for make-up. So get that glow back by moisturizing splurge wrap at a spa or opt for a Multani Mitti face pack at home for an instant glow.
* Cleanse and Hydrate: Use a good quality cleanser to clean your skin off the dirt, pollution and other impurities. Top it up with rose water over your face and neck for hydration.
* Get scrubbing: The fastest way to make your skin glow is with a scrub. Start by exfoliating your skin with a scrub or a loofah. If you have sensitive skin, choose to exfoliate with a sugar scrub. Exfoliation is a great way to slough off the dead unwanted skin and allow beautiful new skin to glow through
* Shave It off: If you are attending parties once or twice almost every week, you can’t keep waiting for your next waxing session to wear your favourite dress. I suggest that you introduce shaving into your personal care regimen. It is hygienic and hassle-free and lets you wear your favourite outfit without worrying about the fuzz.
* Keep it moisturised: It is extremely important to moisturise regularly with a nourishing lotion to make your skin feeling soft and supple. Choose a moisturiser that is formulated with glycerine and keeps the skin hydrated.
* Get your makeup right: After prepping, it’s time to enhance your smooth and glowing skin by applying the right amount of make-up. Start by concealing the areas that need attention. Follow it up with a liquid foundation, blending all over to even out the skin tone and finish with a loose powder to balance out the base. Use a bronzing powder and apply just below the cheek bones. This will give your face a sculpted look.
* Balance makeup: It’s important for you to balance out your make-up. Keep the focus on either your eyes or lips. If your focus is lips and you want to sport a pop red lipstick, always opt for a winged liner or smudged brown contoured eyes. If your focus area is eyes, use a creamy black eyeshadow as a base for the eyeshadow as it intensifies colour and makes it last longer.
You may choose to either clash or match your make-up with your outfit. I would recommend going subtle with make-up if you’re opting to adorn some bling, either on your outfit or accessories.