A timeless wardrobe is created with a selection of carefully curated statement pieces. From embellished halter to embroidered long silk jacket, these silhouettes not only exude luxury but also defeat time, says an expert.
Safia Khan Bagga, founder and Creative Director of Safia Khan Label, lists seven such classic pieces for women for a timeless wardrobe.
* Embellished halter: An embellished halter neck blouse surpasses the boundaries of time and pairing options. It looks remarkable in equal measures with skirts, pants and even with a sari. This style has a distinct fashion aura that transcends the seasons, making it quintessentially an invaluable style piece.
* Floor length skirt: There is never a moment of doubt with a princess-style floor length skirt with a train. Pair it with crop top, long tunics or capes. In silk or sheer, the skirt with its long sweeping back will always make a grand entrance.
* Embroidered long silk jacket: The thing about this beautiful long jacket is its inherent regal style that has travelled down ages without ageing itself. Royal and elegant, it owns the dress it is worn with without taking anything away from it.
* Hand embellished cape in organza: A sheer cape in organza encrusted with crystals, pearls, sequins and silk threads is a precious piece that drapes the shoulders with same astounding beauty every time. Time stands still for this spectacular piece.
* Rich flared sharara pants: The flared sharara pants are most versatile, timeless pieces. Whether embellished or in rich fabrics, the look is eternal and can be paired either with silk shirt or a hand embroidered crop top.
* A-line silk chiffon strapless gown: An A-line silhouette beautifully draped, strapless gown in silk chiffon has countless miles on it. Pink blush or midnight blue with tone on tone embroidery and, as a mathematical certainty, you have a dress that never sleeps.
* Semi-precious jewels encrusted sari: A sari is a never-ending yards of drape-wonder, especially a one that is encrusted with semi precious jewels. A sari is the most au courant of the pieces. Drape it with fitted, flared or cowl pants for a bold look and wrap it around a skirt for an astounding feminine silhouette. Always a winner, the sari will never bow out.