Winter leaves fashionistas with restricted options of experimenting with colours, designs and cuts but one can try out some smart ways like layering and opting for classic pieces to make winter wear stylish.
Rajeev Sinha, CEO of online fashion brand Vanca, lists some of the ways to make your winter wear stylish.
* As the Seventies make a comeback at the International Fashion front this season (Chloe, Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang), the leather dress with its sculptural shape and a rock-chic look, has become a must have in our Fall/Winter 2016-2017 wardrobe.
* Layering of garments is the most creative and yet the safest way to look classy and stylish during winters. All you need is a strong sense of personal style and a tad bit of creative genes within you, and you can have a lot of fun mixing and matching pieces from your wardrobe, even those which have been rendered so very last season!
* While planning the winter wardrobe one cannot ignore the trends of the season and what’s trending this season are the patches, badges and embroideries.
* For those who are not so experimental and more adhering to the classic looks, we recommend few classic pieces to them, to form looks which are tried and tested as well as instantly chic. Styles such as a knee length wool coat – one of the most classic winter fashions, a knit cardigan – ideal for layering under heavy wool coats in the winter.
* When it comes to winter fashion, neck accessories play a very essential role. They can add that extra zing to the ordinary winter ensembles for the day.
* With sportswear trending in the business of fashion, bomber jackets are no more associated with so much of masculinity and mundane look. Infact it has transcended in daring and feminine range of colours and designs for those who care to explore beyond the classic black look.
* When all is settled, we can come down to basics – the bottom wear. Choose from the stylish lycrated leggings with zipper details, enzyme washed and beautifully crafted denims and formal trousers. When worn over leg warmers you can still enjoy our embellished and embroidered denim shorts and keep those biker boots handy to complete the look.